Monday, 30 June 2008

Trace Elements

This morning I was making my lunch, as I do on any work day. I'm organised like that; make sarnies in the morning and I don't have to forage for food at lunchtime.

Anyway, as I was buttering my bread I looked up and saw my wife gazing at me with a lovely smile on her face.

And I smiled back and thought: "What a lucky guy I am."

And then I saw her eyes moving over my face and I said: "You're checking me for residual make-up, aren't you?"

"Yes," she said.

What a lucky guy I am.

Yes, I was off out trannying last night, and managed to do another cliche. Strictly it's one I've done before, a long time ago at a dressing service, but that's one best left forgotten, far back in the mists of time. This time I did it well. And Mrs Rachel did it too. No pictures of that, though. Not for you lot, anyway :-)

But to return to the original theme of this post, there's no residual makeup, but both Mrs Rachel and I still have red staining on our fingers from the nail varnish we wore. We really are going to have to find a better quality red varnish. I can't use the "I've been painting model soldiers again" excuse every time ...

8 comments:

Pandora Caitiff said...

LOL! Its an excuse I've used too :)

Yay for tranny cliches! What do you still have on the list?

I haven't done maid or bride yet, but I don't have the official checklist to hand...

Rachel said...

*Is* there an official checklist? I'd love to see it :-)

I haven't done Nurse or French Maid yet. Perhaps one day ...

Jane said...

Undercoat of clear varnish will help with the red staining.

Rachel said...

I did that Jane. And still got stained :-)

Lynn Jones said...

> cliches

Posting a letter at midnight (in heels) seems a common one. :)

Have you tried the nail varnish base coat from Max Factor? That seems to keep the stain off.

LucyTolliday said...

Blimey, I havent done any of those cliche's. If someone does have a official check list could they pass it on.

It does seem everyones used the paint excuse, don't think I was believed though.

Pandora Caitiff said...

I've had a go at a basic list. Opinions are welcome.

Good ideas will be added to the list (and credited!)

Ne-ess said...

Base coat, then apply yhe polish near, but not to the edges of the nail. Makes the nails look longer as well